Saturday, November 11, 2006

Marcia Marcia Marcia!


Signs today is going to be a great day

- Waking up to a kitty drinking my orange juice next to my bed and then walking on my face.

- Getting this email:
A rooster followed me home last night. He is lost and lonely and needs a good home.

Anyone got a lead on rooster sanctuary in the bay area?

He is marvelously mild mannered and handsome. He is quiet and friendly and has kept well out of trouble while left alone in the backyard with the bee house.

He is very sweet, which is quite unusual for a rooster, I am told.

contact me with leads on rooster Haven or cooking instructions.
-love furry


- Knowing that my mac laptop power cord is FINALLY fixed and I have a brand spanking new needle for tonight's gig at Bimbo's 365 Club.

- It's cloudy, crisp and cool but not too cold – the perfect autumn morning.

- The guys on 22nd Street singing "My Girl" at the top of their lungs, with dance moves, at 9:30 a.m.

- Seeing a huge line at Boogaloo's and not caring, despite my weekly morning yearning for bacon. Boogaloo's is overrated.

- Finding an open parking meter on 21st Street that says 'Free Parking'.

- Seeing a child joyfully pet and then hug a big irish setter in front of Ritual Coffee Roasters.

- Waiting in line for coffee and not giving a shit.

- Spying the very last sesame seed bagel and nobody in front of me in line buys it.

- Ritual Coffee playing Underworld's "Born Slippy" at 10:30 a.m.



- Having the girl at the counter ask me the name of my favorite Brady when getting a name for my coffee.
"Marcia!" i exclaim.
Then, about a minute later, i add "actually, i should have said 'Marcia Marcia Marcia!'
her response: 'oh, well that's how you said it in my head anyway.'


Marcia Marcia Marcia!



- Remembering the girl at the counter has trouble keeping her pants up because she always forgets to wear a belt.
"My apron is covering it up. Thanks for the reminder though. I need to wear a belt."


.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel strong and surprising waves of exuberance when life is going Pratt's way. Not only that, you managed to make me miss the Mission.