Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shattlecone Tuesday



the time: now

the place: ritual coffee roasters, once again.

the thing i'm looking at: a girl directly across from me sitting in the couch starting intently at the woman to my immediate right who just finished breastfeeding her baby. the breastfeeding woman is now talking to her sprightly friend, who just now looked upward while thinking of the next question to ask her friend.
i'm not listening to the conversation of the breastfeeding woman with her friend. i'm wearing headphones though unfortunately they're not the noise-canceling type.
i was more intrigued by the straight-up intent staring the woman across from me was doing. she's wearing a big diamond ring on her left ring finger, i.e. she's married.
her laptop stickers say "Skydive: FreefallAdventures.com."
i've now changed my observation.
the married skydiving staring girl with glasses and dark hair pulled back seems to be looking back up at the breastfeeding girl so much now that i'm of the mind she wants a baby. she was studying every move of the breastfeeding woman's redressing repertoire.
she is staring again.
the breastfeeding woman is now chatting up another woman nearby.
and our staring friend does a lot of occasional glances.

ooh, she just said 'fuck' to herself and typed something furiously.

she just looked to see if her focus of intent was still around but the pregnant woman has exited.


there's been this girl that's gone in and out of the bathroom 3 times in the last half hour.

they're playing led zeppelin II right now. i love that song "Ramble On." "Bring It On Home" just finished, appropriately the last song on the album.

my friend emily has been cracking me up on the IM.
god if only i could tell what she said.
she cracks my shit up.

not literally.
but figuratively.
well, actually she was cracking me up.
and she said inappropriate things
which i enjoy.

oooooh, nice, now they're playing The Knife! "Silent Shout"!

the girl next to me just asked if there was anyone sitting here.
i said no, despite the detritus all around us.


some loud girl just laughed really loud.
the people next to me are talking about having done the master cleanse.
and it's the one that everyone is doing.

i interviewed a girl a few months ago who was wanting to potentially be my flatmate who was going through the same thing.
this same girl brought me a six pack of beer as bribery, though it turned out that she found another place to live anyway.
i liked her.

but i like emma better. because emma ended up being the one.

i like that the girl across from me is laughing just as much as i have been when people send me funny shit even though i have headphones on and nobody else knows what i'm laughing at.

our feet keep hitting each other's every now and then.

actually, earlier i pulled a total stupid tim moment when i mentioned to her, after she had asked me if i could watch her laptop for a minute and then i promptly asked the same of her about 5 minutes later, i thought it was relevant to then tell her about that i had heard stories that people had had their laptops stolen right from under their noses at some places downtown and how messed up that was.
she stares at me and goes 'that just makes me more paranoid.'

then, the next time she gets up to use the bathroom, she takes her laptop with her in the bathroom.

yet, she didn't give me the crook-eye or the stink-eye when we knocked feet not long after that.
plus she is using a Mac.

she can't be all bad.

Devil of Rotations is a kick-ass song.

No comments: