Thursday, January 29, 2004

it's nice to be legal

after many months of deliberation due to my laziness gene, i finally bit the bullet and got to the damn DMV yesterday for my super-expired car registration.
for those of you who don't know, my birthday is October 18, so that's when my registration expired.
Yes, i stretched it for a good long while, but that's partly because i'm not driving all that much these days, pretty much exclusively in the cities only (Oakland and San Francisco, with a few sidetrips to Berkeley -- which is in Oakland, basically). i felt like i was pushing my luck too far. the worst was when i had a Oakland cop right behind me a few weeks ago, but thankfully, they didn't do anything.
whew.
i decided i no longer needed that undue stress. really, i could have just sent the renewal form in when it was due, on my birthday, but i didn't.

the DMV trip. now THAT was interesting.... (look for an update later today)


here's some good news about telemarketers. no longer will your phone say "out of area" when they call. let's see if the Bush Administration enforces it.

In case you didn't know, threesomes are lame. Or so I've heard.

And of course, James Brown has seen better days. But what an awesome picture.
Or for more, here's the story.

Listen, on a Wing and a prayer. Sorry.

No comments: