Thursday, October 21, 2004

Strange things are afoot at Circle K




What's going on today? Besides it being October 21. Maybe this strangeness started last night?
OK, the Boston Red Sox win was last night, sure. But come ON! They did something no team has done in Major League history, come back and won a Best of 7 series after being down 3-0. Amazing. I'm not even a baseball fan much anymore, and i'm sooo into this.
Awesome.

Now, back to Circle K strangeness:
Um, well, I just spotted the infamous Pets.com sock puppet atop someone's cube here at work.
i love the Pets.com sock puppet! For those of you who don't recall, the sock puppet is often alluded to when people refer to the inanity of the late 1990s and the whole dot.com bubble that burst.
still, i loved the sock puppet. god bless it.

ok, then, i get to my chair at work this morning and i find a banana sitting in my seat. i ain't falling for no banana in the tailpipe shit (thank you Eddie Murphy), but still, it is a mystery. truly and definitely.

finally, my brand spanking new Apple laptop has JUST arrived at my desk. all i can do is stare at it intently, marveling at its brilliance. ok, a little over the top, but then again, when am i not over the top?

ya know?
god bless us everyone.

I'm gonna go back to listening to the Scissor Sisters now.
leave me be, hear ye.

No comments: