Monday, November 08, 2004

Bush Is a Parasite on Democracy

This was a bumper sticker i saw on the back of a car this morning. I liked it.
Happy Monday!

----------
Legendary Minneapolis Venue First Avenue Closes
This club was made famous by Prince in Purple Rain. Tina and i went there in 2000, on the way to moving to California, and saw Thomas Mapfumo, the Lion of Zimbabwe, perform. Frankly, it's surprising the club lasted as long as it did. Most clubs have a very short lifespan.

---------
Big surprise, San Franciscans feel betrayed by Bush's re-election.
San Francisco in No Mood for Tolerance after Bush Win
This quote stood out to me:
"I have family in Idaho, but I told my wife we're not going to visit them now. It's all Republicans there," said Ron Schmidt, a public relations executive. "We have family in Indiana and I don't want to go there either."

I agree for the most part. I will avoid red states if i can, and frankly, there are few reasons to go to those states, other than to see family in Indiana. But most of my family lives in Michigan, which was a "safe" blue state.

No comments: